Friday, September 18, 2009

I Pity the Fool!

This is what happens when Emily messes around on the internet late on Friday night. End up reading about Mr. T on Wikipedia and finding crazy pictures like this one.

Did you know that he started his gold-chain-wearing while working as a bouncer? Apparently he wore whatever jewelry was left in the club by its patrons. That way they could come back and get it off Mr. T from the entrance and not have to even re-enter the club, and it became his trademark.

The two of them look so cute together. I mean honestly, who DOESN'T love Mr. T?

1 comment:

Aunty Christ said...

In the early '90s I had all but forgotten about Mr. T, when I learned that one of my favorite coworkers was his occasional girlfriend. She was so sweet, straightforward, and sensible that her genuine like of him sealed Mr. T's place in my heart forever.

I feel like there's a sitcom in there somewhere: A down-to-earth waitress/nail tech and a famous, mohawked, catchphrase-spewing giant learn about life--and love--in the city! Maybe next season.