Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This Is Awesome


I'm leaving for Japan on Friday, so yesterday I called my boyfriend's mom (the organizer of the trip) for our itinerary info.

This is what she tells me:

Boyfriend's Mom: Okay, we leave Los Angeles at 1:10 pm on Friday, and arrive at 5:50 pm on Saturday.

Me: Oh my God.

BM: It's just the seventeen hour time difference! Let me tell you the rest of it: on the way back, we leave Tokyo at 5:30 pm on Sunday afternoon and arrive at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday in Los Angeles.

Me: Huh? We get back before we even left? In time for the Superbowl (Here we go Steelers Here we go!!) and everything?

I love the international date line! How awesome is it that I'll be on a plane for ten hours and still get back the morning that I left? Does that even make any sense? Nope. Woo hoo!

No comments: