Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

These are true guilty pleasures. I'm frankly embarrassed that I feel joyous and happy in the presence of any of these things. But I do. In fact, I'm hoping to go home, crank up "Muscle of Love," watch Ben Stiller with blackface in a coal mine, and eat some deep fried tacos.


I love me some 70s rock. I'm sure its because I grew up listening to it in my Dad's garage, but whatever.

Alice Cooper is the epitome of 70s rock, and his Greatest Hits album has been playing in my car for the good part of a month. So much teenage angst and good ol' fashion rocking.

And of course, when I was little and I listened to the song "No More Mr. Nice Guy," featuring the line "I went to church incognito," I totally thought "Cognito" was a place where he went to church. True story.




Zoolander is possibly the best of the Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson collaborations. But the winner of best character in Zoolander goes to Will Ferrell.



Ferrell kills it as Mugatu, a combination of Karl Lagerfeld, Roberto Cavalli, and any other flamboyant designer you can imagine. In one pivotal scene, Mugatu's assistant brings him a latte with too much foam. In a fit of rage, he spits up/spills the latte on his assistant screaming "Are you not aware I get farty and bloated from a foamy latte???"

It's magical.




Growing up in the east, the only thing I knew about Jack in the Box was a nefarious connection with e-coli poisoning when I was a kid.


Wow I'm sure glad I got to know more about Jack in the Crack.


The 99 cent monster tacos are the best thing ever. See, they're even in the main advertising attraction on JITC's signage.

Highly recommended.









Perhaps the guiltiest of my guilty pleasures is gossip blogs.

The worst of those blogs is that of Perez Hilton aka Mario Lavanderia.

He's disgusting. He's disturbing. He drags people out of the closet kicking and screaming and dyes his hair blue. He's hilarious and almost always gets the first scoop.

It's the first website I check in the morning at work. Such a welcome, and frequent, relief from work.


Guilty Pleasure Honorable Mentions:

Hall & Oates

Spaceballs

Elizabeth Peters mysteries

Even worse fake tacos: Taco Bell

No comments: