Monday, November 5, 2007

Jury, Jury

When it rains it pours.

I just finished my first jury trial (not as exciting as you think, I was "second chair," which means I organized alot of documents and did alot of box moving), and now I'm on my first jury.

The trial I acted as an attorney on was, in reality, more awesome than I made it sound above. I didn't do all of the arguing and questioning (although I did question one witness), but I did get to see how it was done with a great example as trial counsel.

While it's alot less work, it's much more boring to be a juror. So I'm planning on using my time to just learn more about the whole process, since I'm not so involved in this trial that I can't watch and learn.

The downside is that with all of these trials I'm learning what it's really like to be an attorney, and it sucks. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your name, you got it all, a Beatle fan with a dog and completely rational view of foreign policy.

Have a great day!