Friday, October 24, 2008

Despicable.

Those that feel they must stop California from offering equal protection under the law to its citizens have taken an interesting new approach to fundraising.

This letter
is being sent to some major donors to the NO on Prop 8 campaign. Basically, it says that these donors should donate an equal amount of money to the YES on Prop 8 campaign or else "it is a clear indication that you are in opposition to traditional marriage."

That's actually what it says.

If you oppose Prop 8, you oppose traditional marriage. So I guess when I go and vote NO on Prop 8 next month, I must OPPOSE traditional marriage.

I guess I didn't realize that Prop 8 somehow invalidates marriages between men and women.

Or that allowing gay marriage will somehow lead to man/sheep marriage in the near future, like this idiot seems to think. (On a related note, the idiot that runs the man/sheep site has refused to publish any of my comments at all. No obscenity was included or anything else inappropriate, he just can't have any differing opinions on his blog.) But let me just take this opportunity to say that if he hates gay marriage that much, he must be gay. Ted Haggard much?

Maybe its a good sign that the Yes on Prop 8 people are getting this desperate. They can't honestly believe that someone who had enough conviction to donate $10k to the NO campaign would turn around and undo the good that they did.

But did Yes on Prop 8 realize the potential backlash? They're just giving me a reason to donate and campaign for the other side.

No comments: