Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This Looks Promising

I'll be the first to admit that I am skeptical of the new Trek movie. Prequels have a history of sucking hard core. I assume there is no need to make allusions to other movie empires with "Star" in the title.

J.J. finally let us see something other than glimpses of the Enterprise. A nice consolation prize for the fact that the movie was pushed back six months? Here are some of the pictures that were finally released.

Dude. This actually looks kinda cool. Uhura's hot. Bones looks like Bones (annoyed). The dude's hair on the left is annoying the hell out of me. Is he supposed to be Chekov? Ug. Chekov was always kind of a dweeb.




Um, this looks like Spock going all Sylar on Kirk's ass. (Take away the uniform and the eyebrows and thats a total Sylar "I'm going to remove part of your brain" look. No?) Maybe some trouble with his human emotions as a youth?



I believe that this is Eric Bana all done up as the bad guy. He does not look like Eric Bana. He looks very bad ass. However, he does not look particularly Romulan. I see the points and the eyebrows, but still, not very Romulan. I am intrigued. I am hoping we are not diving into Nemesis territory here.



All in all, I have hope. You better come through, J.J. Abrams! The entire geekaverse is depending on you!!

Have I geeked out hardcore enough for all of you? I am feeling good! Live long and prosper, bitches!!

No comments: