Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hmmmm. Maybe I Don't Want To Be Fashionable.

I know I've talked about this site on this blog before. I love the Fug Girls and their typically appropriate commentary on "fashion," particularly of the celebrity kind. With New York Fashion Week here, they have had plenty of fodder. Including Kirsten Dunst, above. (Holy God what is that thing she's wearing??)

But when I saw this photo I didn't even see Kiki. Nope. My attention was immediately pinpointed upon the gentleman to Kiki's left. Specifically his wrists and lower hands.

What in the holy hell are those things? Wrist warmers? Fashionable apparel for those inflicted with Carpal Tunnel? An attempt to hide a botched suicide attempt? If it's warm enough to wear short sleeves, why do the wrists need extra protection?

So many questions. And as an aside, I can't even knit, but I'm pretty sure my high school home ec project came out better than that monstrosity she's sporting. And the sleeves weren't even the same length.

No comments: