Monday, March 2, 2009

Bad News and More Bad News

A man whose voice I heard almost every day as a high schooler has died. Probably most of us have heard Paul Harvey on the radio. At WFRM we played his vignettes every day. They were short and usually inspirational stories with a somewhat surprise ending. He did his own commercials. Very old school. Very cool. Never again will we hear The Rest of the Story.

The Other bad news is that I will continue making less than my male counterparts no matter how dumb and lazy they are. And not just a little less, I'm talking 22% less. My dot on the graph is the highest brown one. While women ALWAYS make less than men, the do the best comparatively in service jobs.

Wait! I am SO mistaken. There are TWO whole jobs in which women make more than men: postal clerks and special education teachers. Of course, it's only 4% more, which is nothing compared to how I'm getting shafted by the legal system. Gee, guess I aimed too high. Should have aspired to be a postal clerk. I could do that, I'm good at losing the mail.

No comments: