Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another Reason Why I Love The Japanese


I bought a plastic pitcher from the Japanese market on Sunday. The reason for this purchase is primarily the fact that any glass pitcher in our home lasts, on average, 2 days before breaking. I think we had one from Target that we broke the day we got it.

So I saw this little number for a good price and with a cute little pink cap, so I snatched it up without a careful examination. Once I got it home and washed it, though, I realized the special surprise that we got along with a functional pitcher.

Cute little sayings are written into the plastic on the side of the pitcher. I had an awful time trying to get you a good photo of what it says.


Just in case you can't clearly read what is says above, the pitcher reads: "The shining sun is very dazzling to me. When I lied on an open verandah and closed my eyes, wind sang gentle songs to me."

How awesome is that? And what the hell does it mean? According to the illustrious Mr. T, this is a perfect example of Japanese products, wherein they provide you not only with a pitcher, but with calming and peaceful says on the side for you to peruse while drinking your iced tea. I think it's hilarious.

And then when you finally get to the bottom of the pitcher, it includes this gem (which I had an even harder time getting a good photo of).



It reads: "It seems that I will be able to have a further comfortable summer."

But only because I drank that fabulous iced tea out of that fabulous Japanese pitcher! Arigato!

P.S. I just realized this is not far from the crazy ramblings that come out of Bai Ling, international acting superstar. Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps we will soon learn of her new joint venture with plastic company marine!

No comments: