Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This is why I love Boing Boing


One website that I follow quite regularly is Boing Boing.

Boing Boing covers all kinds of amazing things. Some stuff they cover, like new technology fads, steampunk, and ukulele videos, are not really my bag (baby), but there's always something new and interesting on their site each day.

I like this site for their coverage of weird science fiction, cool gadgets, old patents for interesting things like a device to inject ice cream into bananas, and even civil rights issues.

For example, today Boing Boing had a link to a Smithsonian story about micronations. Check this out, man. It's awesome. I totally intend to create my own little micro-nation within the People's Republic of Santa Monica. Our borders will consist of the alley, the walkway, and the walls I share with my neighbors, but dammit it will be a separate nation! Our currency will be cans of root beer (a precious commodity) and our motto will be "Suck it, Santa Monica!" I suspect we will still receive parking tickets, however, as the City may not be privy to our secession. If it leads to an "international" incident I'll let you know.

No comments: